* Nigeria: NSE ASI -0.54%; value traded +51.95% to $10.342mn.
* The NSE ASI closed down. 18 stocks gained points; 56 stocks closed flat while 28 stocks lost points.
* Top Losers included RTBRISCOE, FO, DANGFLOUR, SKYEBANK and TRANSCORP. Gainers included NEIMETH, VONO, BETAGLAS, COSTAIN and OKOMUOIL.
* Volume traded +2.97% to 202,043,752; MANSARD, ACCESS, FBNH, NEM and GUARANTY accounted for 54.22% of market activity by volume.
* Value traded +51.95% to $10.342mn; DANGCEM, GUARANTY, SEPLAT, FBNH and ACCESS accounted for 66% of market activity by value.
* Foreign participation was approx 63% from our view.
* Two of the nine market sub-indices gained points today: NSE LII (-0.51%); NSE Insurance (+1.02%); NSE IND (+0.14%); NSE ASEM (flat); NSE Oil & Gas (-3.47%); NSE Banking (-0.57%); NSE 30 (-0.70%); NSE 50 (-0.45%); NSE Consumer Goods (-0.50%).
* Structured/cross trades in ACCESS, DANGCEM, SEPLAT, MANSARD, FBNH, GUARANTY
* Going into the inauguration week we still expect momentum to remain slow with a possibility of even lower volumes.