* Nigeria: NSE ASI +0.54%; value traded -44.03% to $14.922mn
* The NSE ASI closed up. 26 stocks gained points; 60 stocks closed flat while 21 stocks lost points.
* Top Losers included UACN, NEM, AIRSERVICE, GLAXOSMITH and CONTINSURE. Gainers included REDSTAREX, ACADEMY, NAHCO, IKEJAHOTEL and DIAMONDBNK.
* Volume traded -20.48% to 261,816,572; UBA, DIAMONDBNK, FBNH, ZENITHBANK and GUARANTY accounted for 73% of market activity by volume.
* Value traded -44.03% to $14.922mn; NB, GUARANTY, ZENITHBANK, FBNH and NESTLE accounted for 64% of market activity by value.
* Foreign participation was approx 82% from our view.
* Four of the nine market sub-indices gained points today: NSE LII (-0.38%); NSE Insurance (-0.35%); NSE IND (flat); NSE ASEM (flat); NSE Oil & Gas (-0.42%); NSE Banking (+1.77%); NSE 30 (+0.75%); NSE 50 (+0.68%); NSE Consumer Goods (+0.68%).
* Structured/cross trades FLOURMILL, NB, UBA, ZENITHBANK, FBNH, DIAMONDBNK, DANGCEM.
* The market opened on a very quiet note today and remained quiet for the first half of the session. We expect another quiet session tomorrow outside of crosses as we are seeing more investors participate only if they can trade in blocks.