* Nigeria: NSE ASI +0.42%; value traded +119.17% to $28.217mn
* The NSE ASI closed up. 26 stocks gained points; 60 stocks closed flat while 20 stocks lost points.
* Top Losers DANGFLOUR, ABCTRANS, WAPIC, NPFMCRFBK and NEM. Gainers included PRESCO, OKOMUOIL, DANGSUGAR, FLOURMILL and COSTAIN.
* Volume traded -16.81% to 341,576,602; ACCESS, DIAMONDBNK, UBA, FBNH and IKEJAHOTEL accounted for 53% of market activity by volume.
* Value traded +119.17% to $28.217mn; GUINNESS, SEPLAT, UNILEVER, ACCESS and FO accounted for 55% of market activity by value.
* Foreign participation was approx. 41% from our view.
* Five of the nine market sub-indices gained points today: NSE LII (+0.44%); NSE Insurance (-0.01%); NSE IND (-0.34%); NSE ASEM (flat); NSE Oil & Gas (-0.80%); NSE Banking (+1.52%); NSE 30 (+0.50%); NSE 50 (+0.62%); NSE Consumer Goods (+0.31%).
* Structured/cross trades ACCESS, DIAMONDBNK, FO, GUARANTY, GUINNESS, NB, PRESCO, SEPLAT, STANBIC, UNILEVER
* Off-Market trade: 400m Oando at N18.00. The deal was a negotiated cross trade by Vetiva Capital Management Ltd on behalf of AFDIN Construction Limited (Buyer) and Ocean & Oil Development Partners Limited (Seller).
* Going into the new week, we are expecting to see some volatility. The happenings in the FX market will also largely affect the direction of the equities market for the internationals, while we expect the locals to remain relatively quiet.