Nigeria: NSE ASI +0.81%; value traded -61.20% to $19.767mn.
* The NSE ASI closed up. 33 stocks gained points; 62 stocks closed flat while 21 stocks lost points.
* Top Losers included PORTPAINT, AIICO, TRANSEXPR, MAYBAKER & CADBURY. Gainers included CAVERTON, ETI, WAPIC, FIDSON & DNMEYER.
* Volume traded -50.52% to 282,464,659; FIDELITYBK, TRANSCORP, GUARANTY, WAPIC & STERLNBANK accounted for 57.50% of market activity by volume.
* Value traded -55.00% to $19.767mn; GUARANTY, DANGCEM, OANDO, NB & TRANSCORP accounted for 55.00% of market activity by value.
* Foreign participation was approximately 60% from our view.
*Eight of the nine market sub-indices gained points today: NSE LII (+0.33%); NSE Insurance (+0.22%); NSE IND (+0.72%); NSE ASEM (FLAT); NSE Oil & Gas (+0.17%); NSE Banking (+0.76%); NSE 30 (+0.57%); NSE 50 (+0.55%); NSE Consumer Goods (+0.15%).
* Structured/cross trades FIDELITYBK, TRANSCORP, GUARANTY, WAPC, STERLNBANK, ACCESS, NB, and DANGCEM.
* We saw moderate interest in banks outside of ETI today and stronger interest in consumer and cement names. The market was however generally quiet and closed up mostly on the back of interest in DANGCEM. ). We are seeing that flows are being originated locally but are finding outlets internationally. We expect a quiet start to the new week with the possibility of increasing activity later in the week.