* Nigeria: NSE ASI +1.21%; value traded -41.89% to $19.775mn
* The NSE ASI closed up. 24 stocks gained points; 49 stocks closed flat while 28 stocks lost points.
* Top Losers CONOIL, LIVESTOCK, VITAFOAM, SEPLAT and UACN. Gainers included WAPCO, NPFMCRFBK, NB, WAPIC and MANSARD.
* Volume traded -37.24% to 302,323,785; FCMB, FBNH, TRANSCORP, UBA and ACCESS accounted for 53.07% of market activity by volume.
* Value traded -41.89% to $19.775mn; SEPLAT, NB, GTB, FBNH and ZENITHBANK accounted for 57.37% of market activity by value.
* Foreign participation was approx. 48% from our view.
* Eight of the nine market sub-indices gained points today: NSE LII (+1.61%); NSE Insurance (+1.41%); NSE IND (+2.45%); NSE ASEM (+1.93%); NSE Oil & Gas (-1.07%); NSE Banking (+0.18%); NSE 30 (+1.90%); NSE 50 (+1.76%); NSE Consumer Goods (+3.85%).
* Structured/cross trades FCMB, NESTLE, SEPLAT, GUARANTY, NB.
* The market opened today with a little bit of anxiety from investors on the impact of the new CBN circular on the Foreign Exchange Trading position limit for Bank at the end of each business Day, reducing it to 0% from 1%. From our perspective, the turn- around while temporary might be for a few more days until the stocks become more expensive and investors watch to see if the CBN policy will be reversed.