* Nigeria: NSE ASI +1.73%; value traded -58.75% to $9.211mn.
* The NSE ASI closed up. 41 stocks gained points; 38 stocks closed flat while 11 stocks lost points.
* Top Losers included VONO, FO, CADBURY, PHARMADEKO and MAYBAKER. Gainers included FIDSON, NAHCO, ETERNA, UNILEVER and TRANSEXPR.
* Volume traded -62.88% to 196,256,633; FBNH, UBA,DIAMONDBNK, TRANSCORP and GUARANTY accounted for 58% of market activity by volume.
* Value traded -58.75% to $9.211mn; FBNH, GUARANTY, GUINNESS, UBA, and OANDO accounted for 51% of market activity by value.
* Foreign participation was approx 84% from our view.
*Seven of the nine market sub-indices gained points today: NSE LII (+0.91%); NSE Insurance (+0.63%); NSE IND (+0.10%); NSE ASEM (FLAT); NSE Oil & Gas (+4.35%); NSE Banking (+2.76%); NSE 30 (+1.49%); NSE 50 (+1.60%); NSE Consumer Goods (+0.75%).
* Structured/cross trades GUINNESS, GUARANTY, DIAMONDBNK.
* As Nigeria digests the results of the Presidential elections, we expect to see some gains across the board in tomorrow’s session.